Talent Development Program
The Talent Development Program (TDP) is designed to pay for the cost of training associated with advancing the skills of the existing workforce to help improve business processes or increase competitiveness.
Some examples of training that can be covered under this program include:
- Industry – or business-specific skill
- Leadership or management training
- Training for improved business process efficiency
- Training provided in conjunction with new equipment or other technology
Eligible employers include private, for-profit, non-profit, and government (including school districts) who have operated in Minnesota for at least 18 months. Eligible employees must be at least 18 years old, work at least 32 hours a week, and earn an hourly wage above minimum wage.
Eligible training providers include:
- Public or private educational institutions
- Trade associations or industry-specific trainers
- Community-based organizations
- Governmental agencies
Up to $25,000 per business is available per program year.
There is a small match requirement dependent on the size of the business – see flyer for details.
For questions and to request an application contact: